Children's Rights Clinic/Whittier Law School *
3333 Harbor BlvdCosta Mesa, CA 92626
- Phone: (714) 444-4141
- Website: http://www.law.whittier.edu/index/centers-programs/ccr/the-childrens-rights-clinic/
Children's Rights Clinic/Whittier Law School
Hundreds of thousands of children annually encounter the American legal system in cases that involve abuse and neglect, termination of parental rights, special education, dissolutions of marriage, delinquency, mental health commitments, paternity, adoption, and other family matters. Too many of these children receive inadequate or sometimes even no legal representation, leaving children with little voice in legal matters.
The Clinic provides civil legal services in matters involving the care and support of minor children, such as guardianship, post-foster care adoption, non-marital child support and custody matters, and special education advocacy. Pro Bono Opportunities: Please contact the program.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Los Angeles, Orange
- Area of law: Education, Family & Juvenile, Health, Public Benefits
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.