Just Children - Legal Aid Justice Center - Petersburg Office
To Volunteer, Contact:
8 Bollingbrook StreetPetersburg, VA 23803
- Map: www.mapquest.com
- Phone: 804-862-2205
- Fax: 804-862-2297
- Website: http://www.justice4all.org
JustChildren believes that advocacy is essential if children are to live successful lives in their communities. We counsel children and represent them at special education and public benefits hearings. We also work to increase parent involvement and student success by offering workshops across the state to parents, Social Service Departments, Foster Care providers, and other organizations working with children. JustChildren also conducts a Child Advocacy Clinic, established in partnership with the University of Virginia School of Law. We give families a chance by giving them the tools they need to succeed.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Charles City, Colonial Heights City, Dinwiddie, Hopewell City, Petersburg City, Prince George, Surry
- Area of law: Disability, Education, Special Education, Access to Services
- Populations Served: Children, Juveniles
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Nonlitigation Projects, Paralegals
- Need for non-English services: Spanish
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- Training / Supervision Comments: May be arranged for select trainings.
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.