Albany County Bar Association
To Volunteer, Contact:
Kristin Petrella5184457691 x113
112 State StreetSuite 1120Albany, NY 12207
- Phone: 5184457691
- Fax: 5184457511
- TTY: 5184457691
- Website: http://www.albanycountybar.org/?
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Albany County Bar Association has volunteer opportunities for attorneys in the Albany County Family Court Help Center. The Help Center is a limited scope clinic locate in Family Court where attorneys provide unrepresented litigants with enough brief legal advice and direction to complete family court petition forms, with the goal of providing enough relevant factual information for the petitions to survive a motion to dismiss. The representation does not continue beyond the drafting of the pleadings, but having the paperwork filled out completely and facts presented clearly, eases the judicial burden, lessens the anxiety of the individual, and improves the overall court experience for the public.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Albany
- Area of law: Family & Juvenile
- Populations Served: General Public, Low Income
- Opportunities For: Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- Training / Supervision Comments: Non-family law practitioners must attend a training on family law basics before practicing in the Help Center.
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice)
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.