Centre Safe (formerly Centre County Women's Resource Center) Civil Legal Representation Project
To Volunteer, Contact:
140 West Nittany AvenueState College, PA 16801
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 814-238-7066
- Fax: 814-238-4449
- Website: https://www.centresafe.org/
- Email: email@example.com
The Civil Legal Representation Project (CLRP) at Centre Safe provides free legal assistance, advice, representation, and referrals to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking in Centre County, including women, men, people who are LGBTQ+, students, immigrants, and the elderly.
The main areas in which we provide legal assistance include: divorce, custody, child/spousal support, Title IX cases, sexual assault cases, protection orders, and immigration matters.
These areas of the law often present complicated and emotionally difficult issues to deal with. In order to achieve the best possible outcome, it is important to have an attorney who is experienced in these areas, and one who understands the unique dynamics of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking.
The CCWRC CLRP is looking for pro bono attorneys to help them provide services to low income victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking in Centre County. Areas of assistance may include: divorce, custody, child/spousal support, Title IX cases, sexual assault cases, protection orders, and immigration matters.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Centre
- Area of law: Divorce; Custody; Child/Spousal Support; Title IX cases; Sexual Assault Cases; Protection Orders; Immigration Matters
- Populations Served: Domestic Violence Victims, Elderly, Immigrants, Individuals who are not in legal immigration status, Lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender, Women and Men, Sexual Assault Victims
- Opportunities For: Lawyers
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- Training / Supervision Comments: CLE Credit may be available for some training programs.
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No