Legal Aid Society of Hawaii - Partnership in Pro Bono
To Volunteer, Contact:
924 Bethel StreetHonolulu, HI 96813-4304
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 808-536-4302
- Fax: 808-528-8808
The Legal Aid Society of Hawaii created Partnership in Pro Bono to provide high quality, full representation in civil legal matters free of charge to low income and underserved individuals throughout the state of Hawaii.
The Legal Aid Society of Hawaii is the state's oldest and largest non-profit legal services provider. Each year, legal aid assists over 18,000 clients who would not otherwise be able to afford representation with their civil legal issues. Through partnership in pro bono, we aim to increase the number of clients served as well as to increase access to full representation in civil legal matters for low-income and working low-income individuals.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Hawaii, Honolulu, Kalawao, Kauai, Maui
- Area of law: Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Elder Law, Family & Juvenile, Health, Public Benefits
- Populations Served: Domestic Violence Victims, Human Trafficking Survivors, Low Income
- Opportunities For: Interpreters, Law school clinic, Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Mentors/consultants, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers
- Need for non-English services: Cantonese Chinese, Chinese, Ilocano, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Marshallese, Tagalog
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Evenings, Flexible, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, Weekends
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: Yes
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Client intake and screening, Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs), Hotline staffing, Mentor volunteer lawyers or law students
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.