Capital Area Teen Court
To Volunteer, Contact:
316 Fayetteville Street301 Fayetteville Street, Suite 1900Raleigh, NC 27601
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 919.856.7594
- Fax: 919.856.5673
- Website: https://capitalareateencourt.com
Help our Juvenile Justice System by presiding at teen court sentencing proceedings, mentoring youth "attorneys,” and steering court-involved youth toward a brighter future! With Capital Area Teen Court, attorneys can serve as judges and attorney-advisors, providing a significant service to our community and court-system with only minimal time commitment required. More volunteers are desperately needed to ensure that Teen Court continues to operate effectively and efficiently. Teen Court is held on the first and third Tuesday of each month from 5:15 to 8:00 p.m. at the Old Wake County Courthouse (a copy of the Court calendar is available on Capital Area Teen Court’s website, http://www.capitalareateencourt.org). Whether you can attend court regularly or only occasionally, Capital Area Teen Court welcomes any level of volunteer help. For more information on volunteering or the program in general, please contact Outreach Coordinator, Kaeleigh Bowen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Wake
- Area of law: Family & Juvenile
- Populations Served: Children
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Senior Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Evenings
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- Training / Supervision Comments: Training provided four times per year, usually on a Saturday.
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: Yes
- Other Case Load Requirements: Can volunteer as frequently as two nights per month or as little as once every four months.
- Other Project Types: Mentor youth or preside over Teen Court hearings
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No