CONNECT to End Violence, Martha's Vineyard Community Services
To Volunteer, Contact:
- Organization Type: Community Services
111 Edgartown RoadVineyard Haven, MA 02568
- Phone: 508-693-7900
- Fax: 508-684-8178
- Website: https://www.mvcommunityservices.org/get-involved/volunteering/
- Email: email@example.com
The mission of CONNECT to end violence is to reduce domestic and sexual violence on Martha's Vineyard by changing the social norms through education, advocacy, and community mobilization, and providing crisis intervention services including advocacy, counseling, and support services for victims.
CONNECT works with individuals using the empowerment model. The CONNECT team believes that all individuals know what is best for them and that those we work with make decisions that are safest for them based on their life circumstances. CONNECT provides options to individuals through educating them on resources available in our community to promote their well-being and safety.
CONNECT to end violence is a domestic violence and rape crisis center providing services to individuals on Martha's Vineyard since 1981; all services are free and confidential. CONNECT is a community-based program that provides short-term counseling, advocacy, court accompaniment, medical accompaniment, police accompaniment, and referral services. CONNECT has a 24 Hour Hotline that is staffed by our trained rape crisis counselors who provide immediate response to any physical or emotional crisis arising from domestic violence and/or sexual violence. CONNECT also provides services to children and/or family members of victims/survivors of domestic and/or sexual violence.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Dukes
- Area of law: Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy
- Populations Served: Domestic Violence Victims
- Opportunities For: Lawyers
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- Training / Supervision Comments: Program and agency orientation and training; collaboration with Legal Services.
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Litigation: Support (e.g., discovery)
- Other Project Types: Accompany a domestic violence/rape crisis counselor (court advocate) to District & Probate court. Volunteer in 24 hour crisis hotline. General clinical & office support. Provide training and workshops for staff. Presentations for the community
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No