Community Action Agency of Somerville - Advocacy Program
To Volunteer, Contact:
Janet Grogan617-623-7370 x 172
- Organization Type: Nonprofit Legal Services Provider
66 - 70 Union Square, #104Somerville, MA 02143
- Phone: 617-623-7370
- Fax: 617-628-2512
- Website: https://www.caasomerville.org/volunteer
- Email: email@example.com
The Community Action Agency of Somerville Advocacy Program is to provide information, advocacy and assistance for low-income residents of Somerville.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Middlesex
- Area of law: Employment, Foreclosure, Housing, Public Benefits
- Populations Served: Low Income
- Opportunities For: Lawyers, Senior Lawyers
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- Training / Supervision Comments: Interpreters in Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole.
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: Yes
- Other Case Load Requirements: Willingness to accept one eviction case per year
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Prepare legal education materials
- Other Project Types: Provide legal representation to tenants in eviction cases and welfare/SSI appeals; provide training in tenant's rights, government benefits, worker's rights, engage in foreclosure prevention activities and tenant organizing.
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.