Cape Cod Dispute Resolution Center, Inc. d/b/a Cape Mediation
To Volunteer, Contact:
Carol Connolly508 -240-1717
22 Old Tote Road, PO Box 193Orleans, MA 02653
- Phone: 508 -240-1717
- Website: http://capemediation.org/training
- Email: email@example.com
Cape Mediation is a private non-profit organization offering high quality conflict management services and training to the courts and communities of Cape Cod since 1989.
Cape Mediation mediates over 700 cases per year involving contracts, neighbors, family, automobile, landlord/tenant, elders, debt collection, and home improvement.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Barnstable, Nantucket
- Area of law: Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Housing, small claims, summary process evictions, contract disputes
- Populations Served: General Public
- Opportunities For: Lawyers, Nonlitigation Projects, Senior Lawyers
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: Yes
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- Training / Supervision Comments: Attending a Basic Mediation Skills Course and Advanced Mediation Skills Practicum. Director of Mediation Services observes and provides feedback at mediations.
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Other Project Types: mediation
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No