Cambridge Community Services
To Volunteer, Contact:
- Organization Type: Community Services
99 Bishop Allen DriveCambridge, MA 02139
- Phone: 617-876-5214
- Fax: 617 -876-8187
- Website: https://www.enrooteducation.org/get-involved
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CCS oversees several direct service programs for adolescents that focus on education, employment and community service. The agency emphasizes a comprehensive individualized case management approach with all program participants and their families, most of whom are immigrants and/or economically disadvantaged.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Middlesex
- Area of law: Immigration & Naturalization
- Populations Served: Children, Immigrants
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- Training / Supervision Comments: Orientation to the agency; strong collaborative link with CCS program staff and other relevant Cambridge service providers.
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation
- Other Project Types: Attorneys are occasionally needed to provide pro bono legal advice and/or representation for immigrant youth and their families, or youth involved in or victimized by crime. Classroom visits to give info on career opportunities in the legal professions.
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No