A Safe Place, Inc.
To Volunteer, Contact:
Crystal McGarvey508 -228-0561
- Organization Type: Community Services
5B Windy WayNantucket, MA 02554
- Phone: 508-228-0561
- Fax: 508-228-8825
- TTY: 508-228-7095
- Website: https://www.asafeplacenantucket.org/get-involved/volunteer
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A Safe Place provides free, confidential services to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. We are dedicated to eliminating domestic violence and sexual assault, and empowering every woman, man and child in the Nantucket community to live a life free of violence. Our services include direct services as well as preventive education, supervised family visitation, crisis intervention, counseling, advocacy and much more.
Volunteers attend District and Probate Court to provide support and information to people in domestic-abuse situations. Training required.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Nantucket
- Area of law: Family & Juvenile, Domestic Violence
- Populations Served: Children, Domestic Violence Victims, Victims of domestic violence and sexual assault (all ages) and child abuse.
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice)
- Other Project Types: Frequently issues arise where we need a legal opinion for the organization or for our clients.
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No