California Lawyers for the Arts
To Volunteer, Contact:
California Lawyers for the Arts888-775-8995
Wells Fargo Building2140 Shattuck Avenue, Suite 310Berkeley, CA 94704
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 888-775-8995
- Fax: 510-201-9957
- Website: http://www.calawyersforthearts.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
California Lawyers for the Arts empowers the creative community by providing education, representation and dispute resolution.
Artists and arts organizations serve as agents of democratic involvement, innovation, and positive social change, and the growth of an empowered arts sector is essential to healthy communities. CLA's leadership and services strengthen the arts for the benefit of communities throughout California.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: California
- Area of law: Arts, Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure, Homeless, Housing, Immigration & Naturalization, Life Planning, Nonprofit Organizations, Taxes, The full gamut of legal issues facing creative artists and arts organization.
- Populations Served: General Public, Immigrants, Individuals who are not in legal immigration status, Individuals with criminal histories, Individuals with physical/mental disabilities, Lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender, Low Income, Micro-enterprises, Nonprofits, Persons with Disabilities, Prisoners/Criminal Defendants, State Residents, Working poor and unemployed
- Opportunities For: Interpreters, Law school clinic, Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Mentors/consultants, Nonlitigation Projects, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers
- Need for non-English services: Chinese, Filipino, French, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- Training / Supervision Comments: Insurance is available for in-house and government attorneys. Training is provided for our lawyer referral service intake process.
- CLE credit for pro bono: Yes
- CLE pro bono comments: CLA is a California licensed MCLE provider.
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Alternative dispute resolution (ADR), Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Client intake and screening, Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs), Hotline staffing, Legal Research, Legislative or policy advocacy, Litigation: Support (e.g., discovery), Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation, Mentor volunteer lawyers or law students, Prepare legal education materials, Transactional work, Translate legal documents
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.