Capital Pro Bono Inc.
To Volunteer, Contact:
Heather Tiffee(916) 551-2116
1860 Howe AvenueSuite 130Sacramento, CA 95825
- Phone: (916) 551-2116
- Fax: (916) 551-2120
- Website: http://www.capitalprobono.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Capital Pro Bono (formerly the Voluntary Legal Services Program) was founded in 1981 and serves the low income residents of Sacramento, Yolo, San Joaquin, Placer and El Dorado counties through the use of volunteer legal professionals (lawyers, paralegals, law students and interpreters). We assist the indigent with a variety of legal problems, as listed on our web site: www.capitalprobono.org.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Yolo
- Area of law: Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Employment, Life Planning
- Populations Served: Elderly, General Public, Individuals with criminal histories, Working poor and unemployed
- Opportunities For: Interpreters, Law Students, Lawyers, Senior Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Evenings
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Mentor volunteer lawyers or law students
- Other Project Types: Representation at Administrative Hearings
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.