International Institute of Minnesota
To Volunteer, Contact:
Corleen Smith651-647-0191 x 307
1694 Como AvenueSaint Paul, MN 55104
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 651-647-0191 x 307
- Fax: 651-647-9268
- Website: http://www.iimn.org
- Email: email@example.com
The International Institute of MN (IIM) is recognized by the Board of Immigration Appeals to provide immigration related services. Currently IIM has three partially accredited representative on staff that assists with completion of various immigration applications.
Pro-bono attorneys would provide consultation and mentorship to the partially accredited representative in the area of immigration law. Attorney would also consult and review a limited number of cases with the accredited representative, mainly in regards to permanent residency and citizenship. If desired attorney could work directly with clients to complete immigration applications but not required.
Respond to general questions from the accredited representative about various areas of immigration law such as immediate relative petition.
Support accredited representative in renewal of accreditation.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Ramsey
- Area of law: Immigration & Naturalization
- Populations Served: Children, Communities of Color, General Public, Immigrants, Juveniles, Low Income, Nonprofits, Working poor and unemployed
- Opportunities For: Lawyers
- Need for non-English services: Arabic, Hmong, Oromo, Somali, KaRen, Bhutanese
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: Yes
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice)
- Other Project Types: Mentor Accredited Representative
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No