Appalachian Circuit Family Law Center
To Volunteer, Contact:
1 Broad StreetSuite 102 AEllijay, GA 30540
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 706-299-1444
- Website: http://www.appflic.org
- Email: email@example.com
The Appalachian Family Law Information Center (AFLIC) was developed to assist residents of Pickens, Gilmer and Fannin Counties who wish to represent themselves in domestic legal matters or educate themselves about domestic issues.
AFLIC has legal form packets and instructions available to assist in the following areas (some of which are available on-line): divorce (both with and without children), contempt, legitimation, child custody and visitation modifications, modification of child support, and name changes.
This website does not provide legal advice. Only a lawyer may provide you with legal advice.
Volunteer attorneys service the Center and do not provide legal advice or representation.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Fannin, Gilmer, Pickens
- Area of law: Family & Juvenile
- Populations Served: Domestic Violence Victims, General Public
- Opportunities For: Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: Yes
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Prepare legal education materials, Translate legal documents
- Other Project Types: Attorneys to review pro se documents and meet with litigants
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No