ACLU of Tennessee
To Volunteer, Contact:
Tricia Herzfeld(615) 320-7142
P.O. Box 120160Nashville, TN 37212
- Phone: (615) 320-7142
- Website: http://www.aclu-tn.org/
Become a Cooperating Attorney Cooperating Attorney Questionnaire (31 KB) ACLU-TN has limited staff and funding, yet is faced with a huge number of requests for assistance from individuals and organizations. We meet this demand through direct representation and by appearing as amicus curiae. Almost all of our cases are handled by volunteer attorneys who work in cooperation with our staff. For over 80 years, volunteer lawyers have been the backbone of the ACLU legal program. These volunteers include sole practitioners, recent law school graduates, some of the nation's most prominent lawyers, and many of the major firms in America. Participation by the private bar has been vital to the ACLU's work since Clarence Darrow headed the ACLU's defense of John T. Scopes in 1925 right here in Tennessee.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Tennessee
- Area of law: Civil Rights
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Nonlitigation Projects, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.