Community Legal Services Of Prince George's County, Inc.
To Volunteer, Contact:
P.O. Box 374Riverdale, MD 20737
- Phone: 240-391-6370
- Website: http://www.clspgc.org
Through your help, CLS provides assistance in matters involving family law, domestic violence, foreclosure prevention, consumer issues, bankruptcy, wills, guardianship of adults or children, landlord/tenant, unpaid wages, and other non-fee generating legal matters.
With your professional help, we provide legal education, advice and free or reduced fee legal representation to low-income persons in Prince George's County.
Perhaps you are unable to provide legal representation at this time. CLS provides brief advice to litigants who are not represented by a lawyer. You can choose to volunteer a whole day, half day or perhaps a few hours on a particular day that you are in the courthouse. You will benefit from your volunteering. It helps you build your private practice (we send clients with higher incomes to our volunteer lawyers), and you set your own time and schedule.
Contact Johnny DaSilva at 301- 952-3010.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Prince Georges
- Area of law: Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure, Housing, Life Planning, Domestic Violence, Guardianships
- Populations Served: Children, Domestic Violence Victims, Low Income
- Opportunities For: Interpreters, Lawyers, Mentors
- Need for non-English services: Spanish
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs), Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation, Prepare legal education materials
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No