Southeast Louisiana Legal Services' North Shore Pro Bono Project
To Volunteer, Contact:
Cynthia Bordonaro(985) 893-0076 x 519
423 N. Florida StreetCovington, LA 70433
- Phone: (985) 893-0076 x 519
- Fax: (985) 893-6774
- Website: https://slls.org
The purpose of Southeast Louisiana Legal Services' North Shore Pro Bono Project is to provide free legal services in various civil matters to low-income residents of Tangipahoa, St. Tammany and Washington Parishes who qualify.
Whether you are a seasoned attorney actively engaged in the practice of law, a newly admitted or young lawyer interested in gaining experience, or a retired attorney looking to stay involved, volunteering provides a rewarding opportunity to serve the poor and improve the general welfare of our community.
You can volunteer to be a pro bono lawyer, to be a pro bono curator, or to be a pro bono attorney mentor to another volunteer lawyer.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Saint Tammany, Tangipahoa, Washington
- Area of law: Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Education, Elder Law, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Health, Housing, Life Planning, Taxes, Veterans
- Populations Served: Low Income
- Opportunities For: Interpreters, Lawyers, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers, Small and medium law firm attorneys
- Need for non-English services: Spanish
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- CLE credit for pro bono: Yes
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Client intake and screening, Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs), Legal Research, Litigation: Appellate, Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation, Mentor volunteer lawyers or law students, Prepare legal education materials, Transactional work
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.