Volunteer Legal Services of Hawaii
To Volunteer, Contact:
Angela Kuo(808) 528-7050
545 Queen StreetSuite 100Honolulu, HI 96813-2920
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: (808) 528-7046
- Fax: 808-524-2147
- Website: http://www.vlsh.org
Volunteer Legal Services Hawai'i provides free or low-cost legal help to low-income residents and the non-profit organizations serving them in communities across our state. Volunteers take pro bono cases, staff legal clinics, and/or work on other VLSH projects within the community. Volunteer Legal Services Hawai'i provides the following for our volunteers: malpractice insurance, client screening, appropriate referrals, and support from law students, paralegals and staff. Find opportunities for attorneys, non-attorneys, and law students.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Hawaii
- Area of law: Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Housing, Immigration & Naturalization, Life Planning, We do not take criminal, plaintiff's personal injury, medical malpractice, traffic violations, or any fee-generating cases.
- Populations Served: Children, Domestic Violence Victims, Elderly, Immigrants, Low Income
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- CLE credit for pro bono: Yes
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs), Litigation: Support (e.g., discovery), Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation, Mentor volunteer lawyers or law students
- Other Project Types: Training, Neighborhood/Virtual Clinics
- Other Long Distance Opportunities: Virtual Clinics
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: Yes
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.