Alaska Network on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
To Volunteer, Contact:
Christine Pate907-747-7545 ext. 1
PO Box 6631Sitka, AK 99835
- Phone: 907-747-7545
- Website: http://www.andvsa.org
The Alaska Network on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault (ANDVSA) is a non-profit, membership corporation composed of 19 programs statewide that provide services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, offender services, and adult crisis intervention services. The Legal Advocacy Project was established to help victims of domestic violence, through our memeber programs, meaningfully access the civil and criminal justice system. The Pro Bono Program is a part of the Legal Advocacy Project branch of ANDVSA. The purpose of the Pro Bono Program is to increase private attorney representation for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault in civil cases at no cost to the victim.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Aleutians East, Aleutians West, Anchorage, Bethel, Bristol Bay, Denali, Dillingham, Fairbanks North Star, Haines, Juneau, Kenai Peninsula, Ketchikan Gateway, Kodiak Island, Lake and Peninsula, Matanuska Susitna, Nome, North Slope, Northwest Arctic, Prince Wales Ketchikan, Sitka, Skagway Hoonah Angoon, Southeast Fairbanks, Valdez Cordova, Wade Hampton, Wrangell Petersburg, Yakutat, Yukon Koyukuk
- Populations Served: Domestic Violence Victims
- Opportunities For: Lawyers, Mentors, Nonlitigation Projects
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- Training / Supervision Comments: We offer an annual training which we encourage pro bono attorneys to attend, free of charge.
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.