Pro Bono Net's LawHelpNY program is recruiting for a Volunteer Coordinator to join our diverse team of attorneys, technologists and community engagement specialists working to expand access to justice. This position will provide volunteer tracking, project support and data analysis for our LiveHelp online chat.* It is a 25 hour-per-week job (Monday through Friday, eastern time) that pays $26 per hour. The work is remote with hybrid options. Responsibilities include:
- Supporting law student and attorney volunteers and managing communications about the program. Answering volunteer questions about training and materials, scheduling, tracking and verifying participation;
- Managing the current roster of volunteers, volunteer folders, and training materials;
- Verifying completion of volunteers’ training and hours for required affidavits and forms;
- Monitoring the LiveHelp shift calendar to maximize efficiency of shifts and volunteer hours (including newsletter posts, and reminders);
- Maintaining Comm100 and Galaxy Digital, our volunteer management software, and other volunteer management systems;
- Managing volunteer trainings on how the project works and how to use the tracking tools;
- Reviewing volunteer applications together with program manager, and communicating with applicants;
- Downloading LiveHelp data on a monthly basis and reporting data trends;
- Participating in organizational efforts to grow volunteer management and user support capacity; and
- Assisting with grant reporting.
- Associate or undergraduate degree; or 1-2 years of equivalent training or experience
- Detail-oriented and well-organized, with ability to establish priorities and track projects
- Ability to work effectively and empathetically with people who have a range of technological expertise
- A high level of comfort and interest in technology, and excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with web-based volunteer management systems and digital tools a plus
- Experience working with or managing volunteers and interns a plus
- Strong English-language written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivation, with ability understand, learn and guide the development of current and new systems and be resourceful in a dynamic environment with new challenges
- Collaborative mindset in a team-oriented environment
Pro Bono Net is a national nonprofit working to bring the power of the law to all by building cutting-edge digital tools and fostering collaborations with the nation’s leading civil legal organizations.
LawHelpNY, is Pro Bono Net's New York’s statewide legal information website providing Know Your Rights information, self-help court forms, and a legal directory for referrals.
* LiveHelp is a real-time, bilingual chat feature (English and Spanish), providing legal information and a legal help directory on LawHelpNY and other sites. Trained volunteers connect with people who earn low wages, live in rural areas, are homebound, elderly, live with disabilities, or face other barriers in the legal system.
How to Apply
Send your resume and a brief cover email explaining your interest to email@example.com. Include the job title in the email subject line. The application deadline is Tuesday, June 20th, 2023.
Why work at Pro Bono Net?
- Culture of dedicated, kind, and smart professionals working collaboratively to solve important social problems.
- Flexible, diverse workplace where work / life / family balance is a respected priority.
Pro Bono Net is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, veterans, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender people, and those with lived experiences in the communities we serve are strongly encouraged to apply. We value applicants from diverse life and professional backgrounds, and believe an inclusive and representative workplace strengthens our programs, products, culture and impact.
- Organization: LawHelpNY / Pro Bono Net
- Date Created: May 25, 2023
- Last Updated: May 25, 2023