Webinar 2: Connecting Library Patrons with Legal Information: Key Resources
- Organization: Pro Bono Net
- Document Type: Training materials
- Creation Date: Tuesday, October 02, 2012
- Submitted: Tuesday, October 02, 2012
- Attachment(s): PDF | HTM
With so much misinformation online, helping patrons find up to date, credible sources of legal self-help information and forms can be challenging. This webinar will provide an overview of online legal information and self-help tools developed by the nonprofit legal aid community, including a national network of statewide legal information portals, many of which have content available in languages other than English. Presenters will also highlight resources available through many courts, law libraries and key federal resources, including online consumer protection resources.
- Watch a recording of the webinar here.
- Download the PowerPoint slides here.
- Read highlights of the webinar on Pro Bono Net's blog here.
- Presenter: Claudia Johnson, LawHelp Interactive Program Manager at Pro Bono Net
- Presenter: Carol Kando-Pineda, of the Division of Consumer and Business Education at the Federal Trade Commission
- Presenter: Mary Ann VanCura, Continuing Education & Library Development Specialist, Library Development Services at Minnesota Department of Education
- Moderator: Liz Keith, LawHelp Program Manger at Pro Bono Net
This webinar was presented on September 27, 2012.