Webinar 1: Welcoming Librarians to the Access to Justice Movement
- Organization: Pro Bono Net
- Document Type: Training materials
- Creation Date: Tuesday, September 25, 2012
- Submitted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012
- Attachment(s): PDF | HTM
This webinar provides an overview of legal information needs among low-income and vulnerable Americans, the nonprofit legal aid, court and community groups that serve them, and why public and public law libraries are essential partners in meeting these information needs. This webinar also discusses the type of assistance non-attorney, public librarians are able to provide to patrons seeking legal help, and the complementary role of public and public law libraries.
- Watch a recording of the webinar here.
- Download the PowerPoint slides here.
- Read highlights of the webinar on Pro Bono Net's blog here.
- Presenter: Sara Galligan, Director of the Ramsey County Law Library in St. Paul, MN
- Presenter: Glenn Rawdon, Program Counsel for Technology at Legal Services Corporation
- Presenter/Moderator: Liz Keith, LawHelp Program Manger at Pro Bono Net
This webinar was presented on September 13, 2012.