The Immigration Advocates Network (IAN) is recruiting an AmeriCorps VISTA to support a new national volunteer mobilization initiative that connects pro bono attorneys and other skills-based volunteers to training, resources and opportunities to protect the rights of immigrants and ensure fair treatment and due process for all.
- Help IAN lead a campaign to reach volunteer lawyers, interpreters, mental health professionals, and others who want to assist immigrants
- Identify and create resources
- Maintain the campaign website
- Conduct online and offline outreach
- Share resources and training opportunities with volunteers coordinate with volunteers, national partners, and local nonprofits
- Help to design assessment tools / surveys to help us improve the project and better serve volunteers, nonprofits, and immigrants
Who Should Apply:
New or recent college graduates, who are committed to social justice and immigrant rights should apply for this position. A demonstrated interest in our work is a plus (e.g. previous work or volunteering with immigrants and refugees). Strong writing skills, and a high comfort level with technology and outreach are also important.
Why Should You Apply:
- Make a difference in the lives of immigrants and allies
- Help volunteers connect to meaningful opportunities
- Learn about the immigrant rights field and explore your career options
AmeriCorp VISTAs get a $15,312 stipend, health benefits, and an education or "end of service" award. IAN provides the VISTA with a monthly subway pass to defray commuter costs. To learn more about becoming a VISTA, click here.
How to Apply:
Set up an account using the AmeriCorps website. Meanwhile, send your resume and an email to describe your interest to Pat Malone, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Apply by June 21st, for a VISTA program year that begins August 22, 2017.