Staff Attorney, Immigration Advocates Network
The Immigration Advocates Network (IAN), an innovative collaboration of 12 leading immigration advocacy and legal support organizations and Pro Bono Net, seeks a full-time staff attorney to create and maintain legal content for diverse audiences, manage projects, support new and existing products, and coordinate training and technical assistance initiatives. This position requires a broad understanding of immigration law (including at least three years of recent practice), familiarity with the nonprofit immigration legal services field, a commitment to plain language legal writing, and the ability to effectively collaborate with partners. It also requires an interest in innovative approaches to field capacity building, volunteer mobilization, and increasing access to self-help resources and tools for low-income immigrants. Examples of our award-winning projects include www.citizenshipworks.org, www.immi.org, and www.womenstepforward.org. This position is based in our New York City office.
- Create and maintain legal content and tools.
- Develop and maintain new and existing projects and products, including online platforms and mobile applications.
- Create and sustain nonprofit and pro bono capacity building projects, including planning and implementing new resources and training webinars, as well as weekly email updates and social media dispatches.
- Draft plain-language online content to empower immigrants to understand their rights and legal options.
- Supervise the VISTA program and design and support a new law student internship program.
- Assist with related activities, including grant proposals, quality assurance (QA) testing, and funder/stakeholder reports, as needed.
- J.D. and a license to practice law in any state;
- Minimum three (3) years immigration law experience, including removal defense;
- Demonstrated experience or interest in spearheading program innovations and/or information technology (we do not require that the candidate has in-depth experience with technology, but do require an interest in learning and supporting new technology-based interventions in the public interest immigration field);
- Strong writing and communication skills;
- Experience managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders;
- Strong online and/or in-person training experience;
- Fluency in Spanish (written and spoken) is a plus.
How To Apply:
Send a resume, a brief description of your interest, 3 references, and a writing sample to IAN associate director, Pat Malone, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls please. Identified candidates will be contacted directly. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We are an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about the Immigration Advocates Network (IAN), our projects, and our partners, visit http://www.immigrationadvocates.org.