Product Manager, Immigration Advocates Network
The Immigration Advocates Network (IAN), a collaboration of Pro Bono Net and 12 leading immigration advocacy and legal support providers, is hiring a Product Manager to provide strategic leadership and product roadmap oversight for a portfolio of web-based and mobile applications that increase access to justice for low and moderate-income immigrants.
This position requires experience with product and project management principles and best practices, familiarity with the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and ability to work effectively as part of a distributed team. This is a full-time position, with excellent benefits that include 4 weeks paid vacation. The product manager will be an employee of Pro Bono Net and based in New York City.
- Develop and maintain a product roadmap to help realize IAN's vision of increasing access to justice for immigrants through the strategic use of innovative technology (see e.g. www.citizenshipworks.org and www.immi.org);
- Identify and create business requirements based on input from internal and external stakeholders;
- Communicate information about product status and strategic direction to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with IAN leadership and project manager(s) to clarify development priorities and address bottlenecks and obstacles in progress;
- Regularly summarize and report status of projects to senior management;
- Help to identify, negotiate with and oversee vendors and contracts;
- Conduct or coordinate user acceptance testing of newly developed features, independently or with stakeholders.
- Project management tasks as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree required, advanced degree preferred;
- At least 3 years of experience in software product or project management (or a related field), and at least 5 years professional work experience;
- Experience in the nonprofit or government sector strongly preferred;
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative;
- Ability to build strong relationships and communicate effectively with wide range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong technical skills and ability to define and produce software specifications based on business requirements;
- Familiarity with the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and the core principles of software development methodology. Familiarity with Agile (SCRUM) methodology a plus;
- Basic understanding of web information architecture and web technologies, and ability to quickly learn product features and capabilities;
- A strong foundation in the principles of effective user interface and user experience (UI/UX) design;
- Experience with web-based expert systems, document assembly platforms, and/or artificial intelligence (AI) preferred;
- Experience with issue-tracking, project management, project documentation and test-case management software;
- Experience with HTML, CSS and XML preferred, and a working knowledge of SQL and .NET a plus;
- English fluency and the ability to work in the United States required. Fluency or proficiency in other languages - particularly Spanish, Korean, or Chinese - a plus.
Send a resume résumé, cover letter, and 2 references to email@example.com by March 31, 2017. No telephone calls please. Identified candidates will be contacted directly on a rolling basis. To learn more, visit www.immigrationadvocates.org and www.probono.net. Pro Bono Net is an equal opportunity employer.