Pro Bono Net
CLOSING DATE: January 27, 2014
Every year, millions of low-income people face serious legal problems. They might be victims of domestic violence, families facing foreclosure and eviction proceedings, or immigrants threatened with deportation. Without access to legal representation, their rights can be denied and their ability to cope and thrive seriously undermined. Pro Bono Net is dedicated to increasing access to justice for the disadvantaged. A national nonprofit organization, we develop innovative technology solutions and help build collaborations that transform the way legal help reaches the poor. Our comprehensive programs enable the public interest legal community to make a stronger impact, increase volunteer lawyer participation, and provide resources and self-help tools that allow the public to understand their rights and resolve legal issues that threaten family security, livelihood and stability.
Pro Bono Net is seeking an energetic, self-starter for the Development Associate position. This is a perfect entry-level opportunity for someone who desires a career in fundraising. The Development Associate will report to the Development Officer and will work with senior staff to implement the Annual Development Plan. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management and tracking of donor relations and interactions
- Maintain a calendar of grant proposal and reporting deadlines
- Maintain the database of donors, using the DonorPerfect Online database
- Produce revenue and other status reports
- Organize campaign solicitations
- Organize and prepare grant proposal packages and grant reports
- Assist in proposal budget preparation
- Assist in regular data collection and analysis of program metrics
- Book and acknowledge gifts
- Oversee stewardship activities
- Conduct research to identify new funding prospects from among foundations, law firms, corporations, and individuals
- Prepare individual and institutional research profiles
- Assist in drafting letters of inquiry, reports, cover letters, newsletters, marketing materials and grant requests
- Social media: Post and monitor organizational material on Facebook, Twitter, organizational blog
- Assist in planning and organizing any events
- Support the work of the Boards Development Committee
- Monitor and track the results of the organizations marketing/PR efforts
- Manage the production and availability of marketing collateral and organizational website content and updates.
- Undergraduate degree required
- 2+ years of development experience or transferable skills with a proven track record of success
- Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communications skills
- Well-honed organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong computer skills (Proficient with MS Word and Excel); experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, blogging) and/or Google Analytics.
- Sense of humor
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize while working under multiple deadlines
- Passionate about Pro Bono Nets mission and committed to teamwork and being results-oriented
- Familiarity with donor database software (e.g. DonorPerfect ) is preferred
- Experience with donor research
Competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Reports to Development Officer. Based in New York City.
Pro Bono Net is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Email resume, references, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.