Pro Bono Net, a national nonprofit organization using innovative technology to increase legal assistance for the poor, seeks a highly qualified candidate to fill the role of Project Manager/Business Analyst.
In this role, based in NY, we will rely on you to coordinate and help build the LawHelp Interactive (LHI) service's roadmap, reporting to the Technology Director and with feedback and input from the LHI Program Manager to set strategic project priorities and goals and specify product requirements for current and future initiatives by conducting market research in conjunction with the LHI Program Manager. LHI is an online document assembly service used by courts, legal aid and pro bono programs, and pro bono volunteers in large firm or solo practice, and the definition of technical requirements, etc. requires someone willing to learn and understand how legal services are delivered in the U.S. and Canada.
- Under the supervision of the IT Director, manage the overall technology team’s project schedule and activities
- Monitor contracting work for external vendors
- Develop effective usage tracking and reporting systems related to the national server and hosted templates with input from the Program Manager
- Work with Technology Director and LHI Program Manager to define LHI’s technical feature roadmap
- Conduct the initial scoping out of projects in consultation with users of the system and the Program Manager with affected audiences and write business specifications to hand off to the development team
- Specify product requirements for current and future initiatives by conducting market research in conjunction with the LHI end users, LHI Program Manager, and Techology Director.
We are in a high growth mode and seek a motivated team player. You must possess:
· Bachelor degree or equivalent
· 4+ years Project management experience
· 5+ years technical Business Analysis experience
· Presenting to a wide ranging audience; end user and developers
· Prior development experience
· Prior QA experience
· Experience leading remote teams
· Ability to learn and communicate with diverse groups with different needs and facing different restrictions in the legal services environment.
· Ability to lead a technical team, seek support and supervision when needed, and excellent listening and communication skills, including summarizing complex technical discussions into plain language write ups for non-technical persons
· Learning aptitude and disposition required
· Able to adapt to fast changing conditions and needs
In addition to a fantastic, we offer an excellent career path. We offer one of the best available benefit programs for small businesses, including individual and family healthcare plan options, long-term and short-term disability, a nice vacation package, holidays, and life insurance.
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this opportunity, please go to: