Pro Bono Net
Pro Bono Manager Legal Product Management Professional
Pro Bono Net, a national nonprofit organization using innovative technology to increase legal assistance for poor persons, seeks a highly qualified candidate to function as a “Legal Product Management Professional.” With funding from the Gates Foundation, this position will provide targeted project consulting to law firms and nonprofit legal aid organizations. This position will be based in New York City.
Pro Bono Net is a nonprofit organization that works in close partnership with nonprofit legal organizations across the country to increase access to justice for poor and moderate-income people. It seeks to do so through (i) supporting the innovative and effective use of technology by the nonprofit legal sector, (ii) increasing participation by volunteers, and (iii) facilitating collaborations among nonprofit legal organizations and advocates working on similar issues or in the same region.
Pro Bono Net seeks a Legal Product Management Professional to assist our law firm partners as they plan and implement their web sites. The Legal Product Management Professional will provide strategic, editorial and technological advice. Although the Legal Product Management Professional will troubleshoot site software issues with states, this is not a technology support position. The Legal Product Management Professional will help Pro Bono Managers understand how to best generate and maintain legal content, work with project stakeholders, market their site within the firm.
Organizing and Consulting
- Support the planning, deployment and maintenance of www.ProBonoManager.com
- Coordinate and lead monthly meetings with law firm clients;
- Facilitate discussions among law firms, service providers, courts, and community organizations;
- Facilitate use of collaborative support tools, e.g., email lists, model documents, online user guides and training materials, and content management tools;
- Visit law firms clients to provide training, problem solving assistance, and cultivate new partnerships;
- Work with clients to identify improvements and new features on the site.
Training and Resource Development
- Work with other PBN staff to continue development of existing project support program for state partners;
- Conduct virtual and on-site trainings for clients on site administration procedures and substantive project issues;
- Make presentations at law firms, conferences, and other venues around the country to gain support for project and cultivate community partnerships;
- Coordinate special development projects as needed;
- Maintain an online support site for clients with resources on best practices for developing and maintaining content, maintaining and managing the sites, marketing the sites, and other key issues;
- Participate as a moderator and/or trainer in national industry conferences;
- Assist in grant proposal development and reporting
Administration and Partnerships
- Coordinate and communicate closely with all PBN staff in San Francisco, New York and Baltimore;
- Participate in regular meetings with other industry Legal Product Management Professionals and national partners;
- Create and maintain reporting systems among multiple organizations to document work with each state in an efficient and effective manner; and
- Participate in national industry email lists.
- Strong self-motivation and initiative required;
- 2+ years experience working with law firms, public interest legal organizations, or significant technical expertise required;
- Very web-savvy and fluent in the discussion of web-based tools required; additional technical knowledge such as HTML preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people, coordinate team projects, and communicate effectively;
- Excellent and proven project management skills;
- Ability to foster and facilitate collaborations creatively;
- Comfortable with public speaking and training;
- Excellent communication and writing skills, particularly the ability to make technology understandable to people without technical skills;
- Willingness and ability to travel;
- Sense of humor required;
- Based in New York City.
Pro Bono Net is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Email resume, references, and cover letter to email@example.com. No calls please.