Job Position at The Pro Bono Project: Staff Attorney - Successions and Wills
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
- Organization: The Pro Bono Project
Position: Staff Attorney - Successions and Wills
Description: Primary responsibility will be to assist and expand our Successions for Katrina Survivors Project. As staff attorney you will be responsible for handling a caseload as well as assist in expanding capacity in this specialty area by working with volunteers. Duties to include:
1. Expanding outreach to areas currently underserved, particularly in St. Tammany, Washington and St. Bernard parishes.
2. Managing and staffing additional outreach legal clinics as needs exist.
3. Assist with referrals of eligible clients to volunteer attorneys.
4. Assist in planning and producing substantive training and support for volunteers staffing Project's outreach programs.
5. Assist in promotion of Succession program through oral and written presentations.
6. Maintain appropriate documentation related to given caseload and grants, using case management systems and statistical grant reports.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Must possess JD and be an active member of LSBA. Basic knowledge of Successions and Wills law helpful but not mandatory. Previous experience with volunteer programs and demonstrated knowledge of providing services to low income persons a plus. Excellent organization, communication and writing skills required. Must have transportation and ability to travel to outreach clinics. Team player and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
Salary: Contract full time position base salary of $35,000.
Reports to: Senior Staff Attorney, Ellen Barrett Artopoeus
The Pro Bono Project
615 Baronne Street, Suite 201
New Orleans, LA 70113