Pennsylvania Attorneys Honored for Pro Bono Service by Legal Services Corporation
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
- Organization: Pennsylvania Bar Association Pro Bono Office
- Source: Pennsylvania
The Legal Services Corporation Board of Directors honored pro bono counsel from Pennsylvania in a Pro Bono Awards reception that was held on October 21, 2013 in Pittsburgh. The board recognizied and presented awards to eight firms and attorneys from across Pennsylvania.
Those honored were nominated for recognition by LSC recipients in Pennsylvania. The honorees include:
- Mary R. Bates, nominated by Southwestern Pennsylvania Legal Services, Inc.
- Ronald R. Bolig, nominated by Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania
- James P. DeAngelo, nominated by MidPenn Legal Services, Inc.
- Gregory L. Heidt, nominated by Northwestern Legal Services
- Pittsburgh Pro Bono Partnership, nominated by Neighborhood Legal Services Association
- Rieders, Travis, Humphrey, Harris, Waters, and Waffenschmidt, nominated by North Penn Legal Services, Inc.
- Joseph A. Sullivan, nominated by Philadelphia Legal Assistance Center
- Westmoreland Legal Foundation, nominated by Laurel Legal Services, Inc.
The reception was held at the law firm of K&L Gates. Speakers at the event included Congressman Chaka Fattah.