Super Lawyers Names 2012 Pro Bono Award Recipients
Thursday, May 23, 2013
- Thomson Reuters
- Source: Pennsylvania
Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, has announced the seven recipients of its second annual Pro Bono Awards. The awards recognize legal professionals, students, firms and organizations that exemplify excellence in the practice of law by offering volunteer legal services to the poor, disadvantaged or the exploited.
The 2012 Pro Bono Recipients are:
- Steven M. Lieberman, partner, Rothwell, Figg, Ernst & Manbeck, P.C., Washington, D.C.
- Pearl Law Group, San Francisco
- J. Robert Linneman, partner, Santen & Hughes, Cincinnati
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, Washington, D.C.
- West Virginia University College of Law, Clinical Law program, Morgantown, W.Va.
- Jennifer Cunha, law student, University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wis.
- Pittsburgh Pro Bono Partnership, Pittsburgh
“From Steven Lieberman’s efforts to serve the Jewish community in Washington, D.C. and beyond, to the Pearl Law Group’s work representing immigrant populations, the attorneys, firms and programs receiving these awards demonstrate excellence in pro bono practice and inspire the entire legal profession,” said Julie Gleason, Director of Research for Super Lawyers. “These honorees underscore the value of pro bono service to the entire legal profession, and one of the central tenets of law, which is equal access to justice.”
Honorees will be featured in the Pro Bono Digital Edition of Super Lawyers Magazine.
For more information about this year’s honorees, and to nominate an attorney or group for the 2013 Pro Bono Awards, visit http://www.superlawyers.com/probono.