Trainings and Events
Review of Immigration Related U.S. Supreme Court Cases: Challenges, Ramifications & What to Expect (Webinar)
- 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: American Bar Association
- Source: Pennsylvania > PA Pro Bono
- Attorneys / Legal Services
The American Bar Association is hosting a free webinar entitled Review of Immigration Related U.S. Supreme Court Cases: Challenges, Ramifications & What to Expect on January 15, 2020 from 2:30 PM-4:00 PM Eastern.
The US Supreme Court has heard a number of critically important immigration cases in recent years, ranging from challenges to new restrictions on asylum seekers’ rights to seek judicial re-dress, to attempted inclusion of a new citizenship question on the 2020 census, to denial of the right to a bond hearing in detention. Our scholars will discuss the most significant cases, their ramifications, and what to expect in 2020. We will also consider what role politics and partisan-ship plays in the High Court’s current decision-making and the nature and likely future of recent “court-packing” proposals.
- Phil Torrey, Managing Attorney and Lecturer on Law, Harvard Immigration and Refugee Clinical Program
- Stephen I. Vladeck, Law Professor, University of Texas School of Law
- Lucas Guttentag, Law Professor, Stanford Law School
- Engy Abdelkader (Moderator), Chair, Rights of Immigrants Committee, Section of Civil Rights and Social Justice, American Bar Association
American Bar Association