Trainings and Events
Pro Bono Basics 2019: Best Practices and Ethics (Webcast)
- 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Practising Law Institute
- Source: Pennsylvania > PA Pro Bono
- Attorneys / Legal Services
The Practising Law Institute is offering a webcast of a live presentation from New York entitled Pro Bono Basics 2019: Best Practices and Ethics on April 11, 2019 from 1:30 PM-4:00 PM.
Full scholarships and discounts to attend PLI programs are widely available to attorneys working in nonprofit/legal services organizations; pro bono attorneys; government attorneys; judges and judicial law clerks; law professors and law students; senior attorneys (age 65 and over); law librarians and paralegals who work for nonprofit/legal services organizations; unemployed attorneys; and others with financial hardships.
All eligible attendees are urged to complete and submit a PLI Scholarship Application.
Why You Should Attend
This program will address practical issues that often arise in pro bono representation, and strategies for successfully handling them. Faculty will discuss key considerations for transactional and litigation attorneys.
What You Will Learn
- Tools for working effectively with low-income clients
- How to balance other professional obligations with pro bono representation
- Strategies for securing adequate training and mentorship
- Strategies for obtaining pro bono opportunities for in-house, transactional, and litigation attorneys
- Ethical issues in pro bono representation
Who Should Attend
Attorneys considering pro bono representation as well as attorneys new to public interest and legal services practice will benefit from the program, as will attorneys involved in law firm or corporate legal department pro bono coordination.
- CLE Credit Comments:
Credit Status: Approved
Total Credits: 2.00
Attendance at this event is categorized as "distance learning" by the PA CLE Board. Under current rules, lawyers have the option of completing six (6) hours per compliance year of distance learning by participating in pre-approved, interactive, Internet or computer based CLE programs. More information on distance learning CLE credit.
Practising Law Institute800-260-4PLI
- Website: www.pli.edu