Pro Bono Basics New York 2017: Best Practices and Ethics (Webcast)
Thursday March 30
- By: Practising Law Institute
- Time: 3:00 PM - 5:10 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Online Webcast, United StatesMap: maps.google.com
Practising Law Institute
- Website: www.pli.edu
- Source: Pennsylvania
The Practising Law Institute is offering a free webcast of a live presentation from New York City entitled Pro Bono Basics New York 2017: Best Practices and Ethics March 30, 2017 from 3:00 pm - 5:10 pm.
Why You Should Attend
This program will address practical issues that often arise in pro bono representation and strategies for successfully handling them.
What You Will Learn
- Tools for working effectively with low-income clients
- How to balance other professional obligations with pro bono representation
- Strategies for securing adequate training and mentorship for unfamiliar areas of law and venues
- Strategies for obtaining pro bono opportunities for in-house, transactional, and litigation attorneys
- Ethical Issues in Pro Bono Representation
Who Should Attend
New York attorneys considering pro bono representation as well as attorneys new to public interest and legal services practice will benefit from this program. Attorneys involved in law firm or corporate legal department pro bono coordination also will find this program useful.
- CLE Credit Comments:
Credit Status: Approved
Total Credits: 2.00
Attendance at this event is categorized as "distance learning" by the PA CLE Board. Under current rules, lawyers have the option of completing six (6) hours per compliance year of distance learning by participating in pre-approved, interactive, Internet or computer based CLE programs. More information on distance learning CLE credit.