Legal Aid Society of Hawaii Pro Bono
The Legal Aid Society of Hawaii is the State's oldest and largest non-profit legal services provider. Each year Legal Aid assists over 18,000 clients who would not otherwise be able to afford representation with their civil legal issues. Through Partnership in Pro Bono, we aim to increase the number of clients served as well as to increase access to full representation in civil legal matters for low-income and working low-income individuals.
Legal Aid Society of Hawaii Pro Bono (LASHPB) is a resource created and maintained by Legal Aid Society of Hawaii.
LASHPB was created to increase the access to justice in Hawaii by pairing legal professionals with persons not able to pay for legal services.
ATTORNEYS IF YOU ARE...
- Licensed to practice law in Hawaii (including emeritus or inactive status),
- Seeking out opportunities to learn new skills and expand your practice areas,
- Interested in gaining courtroom experience,
- Looking for a way to stay active in the legal community while taking a break from full-time work or after retirement,
- In good standing with all bar associations with which you have been affiliated in the past 15 years...
YOU ARE ELIGIBLE for Partnership in Pro Bono with Legal Aid.
If you are interested, fill out an ONLINE PRO-BONO REGISTRATION FORM.
To download a BROCHURE for PARTNERSHIP IN PRO BONO.
Legal Aid is committed to providing the highest quality services to all of our clients. To this end, we will provide all volunteer attorneys with:
- Coverage under Legal Aid's $1 million malpractice insurance policy
- Training in substantive law and in other issues that are particular to our low-income client population.
- Mentoring and co-counsel relationships with experienced Legal Aid staff attorneys.
- Pre-screening of individual cases for merit and reason able time commitment.
- Opportunities for professional growth through continual learning and the flexibility to practice new areas of law.
- Professional recognition and public acknowledgment of service
To download a FLYER for TRAINING DATES
Legal Aid Society of Hawaii
924 Bethel Street (map)
Honolulu, HI 96813
Connect with Legal Aid Society of Hawaii on: