New Hampshire Bar Association Domestic Violence Emergency (DOVE) Project
To Volunteer, Contact:
2 Pillsbury Street, Suite 300Concord, NH 03301-3502
- Phone: 603-715-3230 or 603-224-5387
- Fax: 603-715-3295
- Website: http://www.nhbar.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DOVE is a program of the NH Bar Association's Pro Bono Program that that coordinates the recruitment, training and mentoring of volunteer attorneys in partnership with advocates from local crisis center agencies.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: New Hampshire
- Area of law: Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Elder Law, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure, Homeless, Housing, Immigration & Naturalization, Civil protection orders: Initial proceeding, Elder abuse, Military law,
- Populations Served: Domestic Violence Victims, Low Income
- Opportunities For: Lawyers, Mentors
- Need for non-English services: Arabic, Portuguese, Russian, Signers for the deaf: ASL, Spanish
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: Yes
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- Training / Supervision Comments: Attorneys must attend a live CLE or purchase the DVD and training materials for a non-live program. Attorneys may attend a live CLE seminar or view the program on DVD for non-live credit. Each program is approved by the court-appointed New Hampshire Minimum Continuing Legal Education Board.
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: Yes
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs), Litigation: Appellate, Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation, Mentor volunteer lawyers or law students, Prepare legal education materials, Translate legal documents
- Long Distance Opportunities: Draft or Translate Legal Documents, Mentor Volunteer Lawyers
- Other Long Distance Opportunities: While our volunteers generally practice locally, DOVE is receptive to innovative ways for volunteers to assist victims of domestic abuse. Assistance with document translations or long-distance mentors may be opportunities available on an as-needed basis.
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: Yes
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.