Project SAVE of Catholic Charities of New Orleans
To Volunteer, Contact:
701 Loyola AvenueNew Orleans, LA 70113
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 504-310-6872
- Fax: (504) 310-6877
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Free civil legal services to victims of domestic violence in Orleans Parish.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Louisiana
- Area of law: Family & Juvenile, Civil protection orders: Initial proceeding, Civil protection orders: Contempt/Enforcement
- Populations Served: Domestic Violence Victims, Low Income, Women, Working poor and unemployed, Our program does not target these groups, but our clients are primarily from these groups
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers, Paralegals
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: Yes
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- Training / Supervision Comments: Training on domestic violence and the restraining order and protective order process.
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs), Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.