Welcome to The National Domestic Violence Pro Bono Directory
Please use our Domestic Violence Pro Bono Guide to find pro bono opportunities for you to help in the fight against domestic violence. From filing an order of protection, to doing research for advocacy, to providing legal help to immigrant victims of domestic violence, there are opportunities for everyone.
The Need For Pro Bono in Domestic Violence Cases
Studies show 23.6 percent of women and 11.5 percent of men reported at least one lifetime episode of intimate-partner violence. And importantly, research has shown that one of the key components in reducing domestic violence is ensuring that victims have access to civil legal services. Yet studies show that the collective civil legal aid effort is meeting only about 20% of the legal needs of low-income people.
Are You Looking to Volunteer?
Great! Simply follow the "Join this Area" link to the left and provide all of your pertinent information.
Once registered, you will have access to a wealth of helpful resources including:
Are You Looking for a Lawyer?
Lawyers are not listed on this site. We recommend that you try contacting some of these resources:
Learn more about:
This site was created with sponsorship from the Avon Foundation for Women as part of their Speak Out Against Domestic Violence program. Additional information is available at http://www.avonfoundation.org/causes/domestic-violence/
- Guest Blogger Claudia Johnson: What I’ve learned in the past 9 years of helping legal aid, courts, and other non-profits create online forms to promote Access for All (Blog), Mar 27
- New online resource and tool helps veterans appeal denial of benefits, Mar 10
- IMMIGRANT RIGHTS: Weigh your legal options, Mar 10
- Toolkit for Immigrants and Those who Love Them (NY), Mar 9
- The Veterans Consortium Pro Bono Program and Pro Bono Net Collaborate on Launch of New Website For Veterans and Volunteer Attorneys, Mar 9
- View more