Bringing Justice Home: Envisioning Just Futures
Envisioning a Just Future for All: Nurturing and Sustaining Justice Movements
This session featured leading activists and movement lawyers who reflected on the critical work of nurturing and sustaining justice movements and share their visions for a just future for all.
- Meena Jagannath, Director of Global Programs, Movement Law Lab; Co-Founder, Community Justice Project, Inc.
- Natasha Lycia Ora Bannan, Human Rights Lawyer
- Marbre Stahly-Butts, Executive Director, Law for Black Lives
Moderator: Ariadna Godreau Aubert, Founder and Executive Director, Ayuda Legal Puerto Rico, Inc.
Global Perspectives on Advancing Community-Centered Justice
This session offered global perspectives on legal empowerment and access to justice, and discussed why the U.S. justice community should connect with global efforts to advance access to justice at home.
- Stacey Cram, Policy Director, Namati
- Maaike de Langen, Program Lead, Justice for All, Pathfinders for Peaceful, Just and Inclusive Societies, NYU-CIC
- Maha Jweied, Fellow, NYU Center on International Cooperation; Former Head U.S. Department of Justice Office for Access to Justice
- Sabrina Mahtani, Senior Policy Advisor for Access to Justice, The Elders
Moderator: Matthew Burnett, Policy Officer, Open Society Justice Initiative
Session notes: Global Perspectives on Advancing Community-Centered Justice
- From the Global to the Local: Leveraging International Engagement to Advance Justice at Home - policy paper authored by panelist Maha Jweied