JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Executive Director Sought
Wednesday, November 30, 2005
- Center for Death Penalty Litigation
POSITION VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
NORTH CAROLINA CENTER FOR DEATH PENALTY LITIGATION, INC.
201 WEST MAIN STREET, SUITE 301
DURHAM, NC 27701
The North Carolina Center for Death Penalty Litigation (CDPL) is accepting applications for the position of Executive Director. CDPL, a non-profit law firm, was formed in 1995 to provide legal representation to men and women on death row in North Carolina. The Center also provides consultation and resource materials to attorneys throughout the state who are representing inmates on death row or defendants facing capital prosecution. CDPL currently has a staff of 18, including 12 attorneys.
The Executive Director will be responsible for all aspects of the administration and management of the office, will oversee staff work on cases and projects, and will undertake direct work on cases. Salary will be based on qualifications and experience, but will not exceed the scale for public defenders in the State of North Carolina.
To be considered, an applicant must
1. be a member in good standing of the North Carolina State Bar, or of the North Carolina State Bar or be willing to sit for the N.C. bar examination in July 2006;
2. have substantial experience representing defendants charged with, or convicted of, capital crimes;
3. be capable of providing leadership and support to attorneys and others involved in the difficult task of assisting capital defendants;
4. have a demonstrated ability to be an effective administrator of office and staff; and
5. possess a reputation for integrity and a commitment to the vigorous representation of those facing capital punishment.
To ensure full consideration of applicants, we are asking all applicants to fill out an application form which can be obtained from
Ms. Robin Rogers
North Carolina Center for Death Penalty Litigation
201 West Main St, Durham, NC 27701
Or by visiting
Completed application forms and resumes should be sent by mail to:
Professor Richard A. Rosen
University of North Carolina School of Law
Van Hecke-Wettach Hall, Campus Box 3380
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599-3380
The completed application and resume must be received by January 1, 2006, for full consideration. Late applications may be accepted at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
CDPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.