View by: Folder | Topic
Folder: Main Menu > Government Volunteers > Frequently Asked Questions > Malpractice Coverage

What about malpractice coverage?

The federal government does not provide malpractice coverage. Generally, volunteer programs organized by the local bar or more established referral programs provide malpractice coverage. For example, the Legal Aid Society of DC provides malpractice coverage for its volunteers. You should ask the organization through which you will be providing pro bono services whether it will provide malpractice coverage for you.