Fri Jul 18
- print friendly
"Practicing Public Interest Law East of the Anacostia River": 4th Annual Summer Panel Discussion with the East of the River Casehandlers
- 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: East of the River Casehandlers
Deanwood Neighborhood Library
- Special Programs
The East of the River Casehandlers group invites all legal interns, summer associates, law students and pro bono attorneys to come find out more about practicing public interest law east of the Anacostia River. This informal panel discussion will feature attorneys from DC legal services providers that serve the low-income residents of these diverse and vibrant neighborhoods. Imoni Washington of the DC Bar Foundation will join us after the provider panel to discuss the Loan Repayment Assistance Program for public interest lawyers working in the District and the recent grants the DCBF has made to legal services providers east of the river. We will also have information available on student internship and pro bono opportunities with EOTR legal services providers.
- Bread for the City: Taylor Healy (Equal Justice Works Fellow)
- Employment Justice Center: Melody Webb (Legal Director)
- Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia: Nina Wu (Staff Attorney)
- Neighborhood Legal Services Program of the District of Columbia: Kristin Hucek (Loaned Associate from Covington & Burling LLP)
- Quality Trust for Individuals with Disabilities: Morgan K. Whitlatch (Senior Attorney)
To register, contact Heather Hodges at 202.269.5100 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This program is intended to be highly interactive and driven by your questions. We encourage you to submit any questions you have with your registration request.
The East of the River Casehandlers meet every three months at the Anacostia Library to share program information and discuss strategies for dealing with issues of common concern to our low-income clients in Wards 7 and 8. We also conduct legal information programs for community members and legal services attorneys. Our next meeting will be on August 22, 2014. Please send an e-mail to EastoftheRiverLawyersemail@example.com if you would like to join our listserv.