Cutting Edge Issues in Immigration Law
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Immigration Advocates Network
- Source: New York
The Immigration Advocates Network (IAN) is excited to announce its second annual e-conference, "Cutting Edge Issues in Immigration Law," from October 28 to November 1, 2013. Join us for a week-long series of interactive online trainings with national experts in provisional waivers, U-visas, suppressing unlawfully obtained evidence, LGBT asylum, and using the Federal Torts Claim Act. The cost of each two-hour training session is $45. The e-conference supports IAN's free trainings and resources throughout the year.
- Learn from nationally-recognized experts from the comfort of your own office;
- Participate in "ask the expert" sessions during each interactive training;
- Access presentations and handouts before and during conference sessions;
- Take interactive quizzes and polls;
- Obtain exclusive access to recordings after the conference; and
- Receive a free Transcend training on drafting plain language documents for clients.
For more information and to register, click here or select one or more of the conference sessions listed below:
Monday, October 28 - This training will cover tips for compiling and filing the provisional waiver; strategies for advocating "extreme hardship;" and the current landscape.
Tuesday, October 29 - This session will briefly review U visa basics, then discuss emerging and more complex issues that arise with aging-out derivatives, consular processing and adjustment, and final orders of removal.
Wednesday, October 30 - This training will address issues, strategies and procedures in immigration court for filing motions to suppress unlawfully obtained evidence.
Thursday, October 31 - This session will focus on asylum for lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender clients. It will discuss legal theories and framing the claim; how to interview your client and establish a case based on LGBT status; and, overcoming the one year filing deadline.
Friday, November 1 - The training will teach the legal and practical basics of filing an administrative claim for monetary damages with the agency and highlight considerations for pursing the claim in federal court.
Immigration Advocates Network (IAN)
- Website: www.immigrationadvocates.org