Overcoming Difficulties with Foreign Documents
- 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: AILA
This event takes place online.
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
Proving your client's identity and marital status seems simple. In many cases you just submit a copy of their birth or marriage certificate, or their divorce decree. But what happens when (for various reasons) your client doesn't have these documents? This seminar addresses some common issues that arise as a result of deficiencies in foreign documents.
- Common Issues with Certificates - Birth, Marriage, and Divorce
- Methods to Prove That a Foreign Marriage or Divorce Is Effective
- Matter of Hosseinian and Matter of Ma
- Foreign Document Certification Process - When and How to Use It
- Proving Validity of Foreign Documents - Using the Library of Congress, Country Experts and Other Resources
- Affidavits From Friends and Relatives in Lieu of Original Documents
- Problematic Countries - Kenya, Somalia, Liberia, China, India, etc.
- Brian Aust (dl), Minneapolis, MN
- Poorvi Rohit Chothani, Mumbai, India
- Glenn Faulk, New York, NY
Included with registration, participants in the live seminar will receive a free downloadable recording of the seminar. It will be available in participant's Agora Digital Library approximately 4-7 business days from the seminar date.
Registration & Pricing:
- AILA Member/International Associates $129.00
- AILA Member's Paralegal $129.00
- AILA Nonprofit Members $129.00
- AILA Law Student Members $129.00
- Nonmember Attorneys $199.00
- Other Nonmembers $199.00
- Nonprofit Nonmembers $199.00
- Nonmember Law Students $199.00
You can register for this event quickly and securely online by adding this item to your cart and paying by credit card or e-check. If for some reason you need to mail or fax in your registration, you can also download and complete a registration form. If you register online, do not also mail in a registration form.
Full and partial tuition assistance will be offered to participants based on need and availability for all audio and web seminars. Please complete the tuition assistance application for consideration.
- CLE Credit Comments: AILA will file for CLE and specialized credit in all jurisdictions with mandatory CLE and specialized requirements. More details about specific approvals will be available here closer to the seminar date.