Cleaning Up the Mess: Tools for Seeking Waivers
- 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: AILA
This event takes place online.
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
Did you miss out on the waivers conference in Montreal this past fall? If so, here is your convenient opportunity to learn about waivers from your own desk! As immigration practitioners working within a largely unforgiving system, rarely does the squeaky clean case come across our desks. This webinar will equip practitioners with practical tools for cleaning up the mess for their clients, whether it is fraud, a criminal conviction, or a prior immigration violation. It will cover analysis of waiver eligibility, as well as the process of preparing and filing a waiver application. Topics include:
- Legal Standards and Burdens of Proof
- Qualifying Relatives
- Demonstrating Extreme Hardship
- Showing Rehabilitation and Favorable Discretionary Factors
- Building the Evidence to Meet Your Burden of Proof
- Filing Procedures and Processing Tips
- Stateside Waiver Processing
- Practical Tips from Experienced Practitioners
- Ian David Wagreich (dl), AILA USCIS Liaison Committee Chair, Chicago, IL
- Danielle M. Rizzo, AILA Upstate NY Chapter Chair, Buffalo, NY
- Andrew Stevenson, AILA CBP Liaison Committee Vice-Chair, Seattle, WA
Cost and Registration:
- AILA Members: $129
- Non-AILA Members: $199
You can register for this event quickly and securely online by adding this item to your cart and paying by credit card or e-check. If for some reason you need to mail or fax in your registration, you can also download and complete a registration form. If you register online, do not also mail in a registration form. The registration deadline for this seminar is 11:59 pm ET on 2/25/13.
Full and partial tuition assistance will be offered to participants based on need and availability for all audio and web seminars. Please complete the tuition assistance application for consideration.
- CLE Credit Comments: AILA will file for CLE and specialized credit in all jurisdictions with mandatory CLE and specialized requirements. More details about specific approvals will be available here closer to the seminar date.