Late Breaking Seminar: Finally! The I-601A Provisional Waiver
- 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: AILA
This event takes place telephonically.
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
On January 3, 2013, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) published a final rule on provisional unlawful presence waivers. I-601A applications may be submitted to USCIS beginning March 4, 2013. This rule allows certain immediate relatives of U.S. citizens who are physically present in the United States to file provisional unlawful presence waivers prior to traveling abroad for consular processing of their immigrant visa applications. This late breaking seminar will discuss the application process as well as nuances involved with dealing with the National Visa Center and USCIS simultaneously, who is eligible to file, what happens after approval or denial of the application, and possible changes to the policy in the future.
- Who is Eligible for the "Stateside" Waiver?
- Waiver Applications for Applicants in Removal Proceedings
- The Application Process
- Extreme Hardship Showing for the I-601A
- Stateside Processing if a Consular Interview Was Scheduled Prior to January 3, 2013
- Issues Following the Decision: Approval, Denial, and Consular Finding of Additional Grounds of Inadmissibility
- T. Douglas Stump (dl), AILA President Elect, Oklahoma City, OK
- Jason Mills, Fort Worth, TX
- Kathryn R. Weber, AILA International Operations Liaison Committee, Chicago, IL
- Yolanda Miranda, Field Office Director, USCIS Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
Cost and Registration:
- AILA Members: $129
- Non-AILA Members: $199
You can register for this event quickly and securely online by adding this item to your cart and paying by credit card or e-check. If for some reason you need to mail or fax in your registration, you can also download and complete a registration form. If you register online, do not also mail in a registration form. The registration deadline for this seminar is 11:59 pm ET on 2/19/13.
Full and partial tuition assistance will be offered to participants based on need and availability for all audio and web seminars. Please complete the tuition assistance application for consideration.
- CLE Credit Comments: AILA will file for CLE in jurisdictions with mandatory CLE requirements. Due to the late-breaking nature of the program and jurisdictional requirements, CLE credit may not be available in the following states: OH, PR, NV, HI, & NC. More details about specific approvals will be available closer to the conference date.