Fri Sep 29
- CLE Credit
- print friendly
Best Practices in Equitable Legal Supervision 2023
- 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM
- Pacific Time (US & Canada)
- By: Practising Law Institute
Practising Law Institute - SF Office
- Source: California
- Continuing Legal Education Program (CLE)
Why You Should Attend
Quality of supervision is the number one thing sited by employees in determining employment satisfaction and engagement. Oftentimes, we think being a good lawyer is enough to make someone a good supervisor, but the skill necessary to be an excellent supervisor or people manager can be very different than the ones that allow us to excel in a courtroom. So, when we find excellent supervisors, it is important to provide the support and systems they need to thrive. Especially, as we work hard to diversify our staff. Supervision is a two-way relationship, and it can be complicated by the identities involved. This program will provide the basics of excellent supervision and provide systems and strategies to make sure supervision is equitable and effective for both people in the supervision relationship.
What You Will Learn
After attending this program, you will be able to:
- Understand why focusing on robust supervision is important
- Implement a shared vocabulary and understanding of the basics of excellent supervision
- Incorporate principles of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) into your supervision
- Recognize and understand the challenges and some strategies for supervising across privilege
Who Should Attend
New and experienced supervisors, people in charge of thinking through structure and systems at an organization, and anyone curious about supervision best practices.
Special Feature(s): Scholarships are available to attend this program. For more information and to apply please visit: https://learning.pli.edu/scholarship.
Program Level: All Levels
Prerequisites: An interest in learning skills to become an equitable and effective supervisor.
Advanced Preparation: None
If you work for an IRC Section 501c3 organizations dedicated to providing direct pro bono representation, your organization may be eligible to receive a PLI Pro Bono Membership which provides free access to PLI programs. For more information please go to the following link: https://www.pli.edu/globalassets/pro-bono/pro-bono-application-march-2022.pdf
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE for California Total Credits: 3 Credit Details: 1 Elimination of Bias, 1 General, 1 Implicit Bias
Samia SherifPractising Law Institute415-498-2811