Ethical Issues in Working with Pro Bono Clients in 2022 (Live Webcast)
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Practising Law Institute
- Source: Pennsylvania > PA Pro Bono
- Continuing Legal Education Program (CLE)
Practising Law Institute is offering a one-hour briefing via live webcase entitled Ethical Issues in Working with Pro Bono Clients in 2022 on October 26, 2022 from 1:00 PM-2:00 PM Eastern.
Pro Bono clients are like any other clients in many ways. But some Pro Bono clients present ethical issues for attorneys that often differ from those presented by fee-paying or contingent fee clients. Lawyers sometimes face difficult questions about defining who the client is, communication with clients, clients with diminished capacity, conflicts with fee-paying clients, and many others. Representation of nonprofit organizations also can present difficult ethical issues not faced with most for profit organizations.
As part of the ABA’s National Celebrate Pro Bono Week, please join Toby J. Rothschild, Of Counsel to OneJustice and retired general counsel of the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles, for a One-Hour Briefing as the following topics are addressed:
- In brief, what is Pro Bono? [5 minutes]
- What ethical issues can arise in representation of Pro Bono clients? [8 minutes]
- How can you make sure your representation is conducted within the Rules of Professional Conduct? [30 minutes]
- What ethical issues are presented by practicing remotely? [7 minutes]
- How do ethical issues apply in hypothetical situations? [10 minutes]
Don’t miss this important presentation.
Who Should Attend: All attorneys interested in better understanding the ethical issues that may arise when working with pro bono clients
- CLE Credit Comments:
Pennsylvania CLE Credit: One (1.0) Ethic Credit
For all compliance periods ending in 2022: At least six credits must be live-online or in-person/classroom. Up to six credits may be completed through pre-recorded online courses. Only credits through live-online and in-person/classroom courses taken during this period may carry forward (up to two compliance periods).More information on distance learning CLE credit.
Practising Law Institute800.260.4PLI (4754)