Tue Oct 26
- CLE Credit
- Download to calendar
- print friendly
SCOTUS, Ghost Guns & PLCAA: A Gun Violence Prevention Litigation Roundup
- 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
- By: Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, Keker Van Nest & Peters,
- Continuing Legal Education Program (CLE)
Gun violence pervades our country. A glance at the daily headlines tells the story. Children are bringing guns to school with greater frequency. Brown and Black citizens are dying from gun violence at increasing rates. And time and time again, law enforcement are recovering "ghost guns" — unserialized, untraceable guns — at crime scenes.
In the face of these tragedies, gun violence prevention advocacy efforts persist.
• NJ Acting Attorney General Andrew Bruck
• Litigation attorneys from Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence and Keker, Van Nest & Peters, and
• Giffords founder Gabrielle Giffords
• an overview of the upcoming SCOTUS 2nd Amendment case NYSRPA v. Bruen
• a conversation with Acting New Jersey Attorney General Andrew Bruck on gun violence prevention efforts in New Jersey
• a presentation on New York State legislation, sponsored by State Senator Zellnor Myrie, to hold the gun industry accountable for the pervasive violence caused by firearms
• a summary of litigation efforts to stem the rising, dangerous tide of "ghost guns."
- CLE Credit Comments: One hour of CLE Credit in California
Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence